Dai Ketsuki No Satsu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boffer Fighters of South Florida. Members of the Sakura Moon Empire

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Akaryuu Kotaka

Akaryuu Kotaka

My stance: I know there are certain people who shouldn't be using the "skinny" swords - these include most newbies, and those who do not know how to use the weapon properly (hit with the blade, block with the blade - NOT the side of the sword or your knuckles). If you do not know how to block or hit with proper technique, you should be using a "sandwich" sword, or something covered in pool noodle which is safe for others, and also save the sword from needing repairs too soon.

I have made countless weapons, and the only weapons which have come back to me broken and needing repairs were because of people who do not know how to use it - and on a rare occasion, moisture that has gotten into the sword and messed up the glue somehow. And also if you do not let them properly dry for at least 24 hours (which is a build team scheduling issue, easily fixed).

I have heard talk about this going on for months now, and its really getting on my nerves. I put my personal money, time, and energy into making these weapons, and I am very obsessive-compulsive about durability as well as design of the weapons - that they be able to stand up to the test of time and please the eye.. and surprisingly, I do not much like to hear that it is because of my bad craftsmanship and not a single mention of the fault of people's personal fighting technique that they wind up back in my house in a pile to be fixed.

Leave the emotional baggage at the door by the way - I don't want to hear dramas - tell me the facts. Tell me what you think the problem is, and lets work on getting it fixed. I know you do drills all the time, and practice technique... it may come down to fighting mentality and where your head is when you are in battle, hormones flying all over the place. Don't become blinded like that. And certainly don't release your stress and anger on satsu members with your mouth - using your sword should be enough. Put your energy into your ability and having fun. Respect your clanmates and help them to get better. (/end side note)

I will only be selling sandwich swords, and the nice ones for AkaRyuu until we deal with this issue. They will not be out for loan either until further notice. So don't ask Hollywood to borrow any weapons kthx ^_^.

ANYWAY as politely as possible for Satsu, tell me what you think. Are we failzor-ing at making the weapons really? Or are we failzor-ing at technique while in the heat of battle (or having too much fun and not paying attention). Or something completely different!
Discuss!

https://www.facebook.com/belle0985

2Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Akaryuu Hissori

Akaryuu Hissori

i blame aliens. elephant2

3Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Akaryuu Pakkuman

I think that.. so its not a problem so much anymore, people should have their own personal swords, I'm not exactly saying "Oh you have to buy one" No, I really do like making people swords, I just don't like how every sword is a "Piece of shit". I understand but on such short notice and the fact that everybody Does Not Have Their Own, Its nice to have those extra(Clan Swords).

Its just that I want people to use a weapon more to their liking, Something they feel is comfortable (doesn't exactly Have to be a sword but you should have one whether it be Clan or Personal). It sucks to know that people are unsatisfied with how swords are made and used.

I really do, want to know how or what.. exactly needs to be done.

4Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Battousai Buraindo

Battousai Buraindo

Is Akaryuu a house or non-initiates, and also: I love me them sammich swords. But I like the folded blades more. So much easiier for me to control :3

5Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Akaryuu Kotaka

Akaryuu Kotaka

Well, I say sandwich, I believe is the same as folded? Two layers folded or not, shaved stylishly or not.

My good sir, I call it AkaRyuu simply because we do have meetings, and training, and practice together. Being initiated or not doesn't seem to mean that much other than a group ritual that has to happen at some point.

Underestimating someone is the most crippling thing you could do to yourself.

"Every day, someone else is out there training harder than you to kick your ass."
A good quote to think about lol.

6Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Battousai Buraindo

Battousai Buraindo

I wasn't underestimating anyone. I was just asking because I don't see anyone with the surname Akaryuu. Also, there is the Fold sword and the Sandwhich sword. They are different because they are made differently, Fold swords are folded and Sandwhich swords are sandwhiched xD

7Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:07 am

Akaryuu Kotaka

Akaryuu Kotaka

Lol... you know, if you make a folded sword a little to thick-bladed, and you trim the "fold" off... *BAM* it's a sandwich OMGZZ!

Anyway back to the topic! Your opinions about making the "skinny" blades better somehow to address whatever you have a problem with. Or alternatively, your recommendations for different kinds of training for reacting better under pressure; teach awareness.

Or something! What a Face

8Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Empty Re: Weapon Craftsmanship VS. Proper Use Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

Battousai Buraindo

Battousai Buraindo

The original quewstion is still unanswered xD
Also, you could turn a fold into a sammich but it would look ugly and be slightly more unsafe, in my opinion. Also, I just don't like the new style.. It's just.. too awkward. I don't know, I am just an oldschooler :/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]